What A Waste

Actually, I’m scared to write something in English. There are a lot of things in my mind saying that ‘don’t write!’, ‘people will laughed at your work!’ and so on, which eventually affected me mentally.

My umi had sent me for English class since I was in KINDERGARDEN! All this stopped when I was 16, because I entered hostel. 10 years of English classes does not help at all (people said I’m just wasting my umi’s money). Sure it does help but not as much as expected. My English still sucks although I’m now in university (CFS je kot). If there is ranking for English level among the exempted students, maybe I’ll be somewhere at the bottom. I’m writing based on how the sentences sound like. I assumed that the sentence is correct if it doesn’t sound funny (ikut mazhab mane pun tak tau la).

When I tried to remember back, I finally found what the biggest problem is. I DON”T READ BOOKS!!! That’s what I’m lacking of. There are lots of English books for me to read but what can I do. My laziness is the champion. During my school time, reading is boring. I don’t like lying on the bed or sitting on the desk to read books. I prefer to go for sports, watching cartoons or playing computer games. It's more fun that way.



To be able to read long books needs courage and determination. I don’t like reading something that is too difficult to understand, something that needs you to open up the dictionary to find the exact meaning (teruk ek). That’s why my vocab is low. Buy an electronic dictionary? Not in my to-do-list because I don’t have that much of money (I have to buy most of my things myself, because my parents are not that rich).

I feel guilty to my umi. She had spent thousands of Ringgit (10 years of English classes and every month, she paid about RM 40) in order for me to be good in English. I’m sorry umi.

But past is a past. Now, I have started to read some long books (one of it is Biology 8th Edition, so looonngg!!!) and have the confident to publish my writing for you all to read. I know some of you will laugh at my post (what the hell is he writing) but this is what we called ‘learning processes. We will not stop learning till we die.

Peace =]

2 Ghost Whispers:

Luqman Fauzi November 25, 2009 at 12:55 AM  

post yang mantap. don't stop writing

-syahir- November 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

hahaha
arigato
nie bru english
pasni blog jepung la pulak
hahahaha

Post a Comment

For the icebreaking...

My photo
nothing to be impressed with me coz i'm just not extraordinary...

My Frenz

About this blog

Powered by Blogger.